19 November 2008

Just the three of us

Mike is on a (blissfully) rare business trip for most of this week, so it's just me and the boys. I figured I'd be going mad by now and ready to run out of the house screaming, but it hasn't been too bad. Today it was nice enough for us to get outside for a walk, which of course meant seeing and touching the nearby Road Closed signs, cones, and temporarily stand-mounted stop sign. What will we do when the sewer department finishes this project, I wonder? Noel's new pants are too big and kept falling down as we walked. For once, he didn't do it on purpose. (A funny aside: we met some neighbors the other night, and as we talked in their yard, another neighbor boy who was playing there came over and said, "He pulled his pants down." We looked, and yes, he did. A great first impression!)

To fill out this post, here are some of Dom's recent sayings. I should mention that Noel's speech is blossoming daily, and he's putting three and four words together. I love how he says "big cwock" and "petzuh" or "putzuh" for pizza.
Dax is a hand. Don't ask me. He was saying dax in the car tonight, and I asked what that means, and this was his response. Immediately, Noel said "Dax is a hand." We all ended up laughing as the boys kept repeating it.
The air has faces. Huh?
To Noel, who was biting a Thomas engine...That will taste painty.
The library does not eat anything. That means it can't go pee.
He'll hate me for this when he's older...I pooped so toughly. Look how tough it is.
Also, he still enjoys eating "hamburgergers" (I'll be sad when the extraneous syllable comes off) and stepping on "tree stomps."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff. We're so proud of how well he knows the difference between adverbs and adjectives when he's discussing his poopage! And I love the picture of Noel by the sign.

Sarah said...

That's funny about the pants. Claire enjoys lifting her shirt up.

Heather said...

the extra syllable must be pretty common. lucas says "mememote" for remote.