30 January 2009

Happy Friday

This is what's making me happy today: Dom's drawing of a "KWAH-ree." It started out as a simple drawing of traffic cones, until he decided to draw a hole full of dirt and "grabble." That was surrounded by cones, and a railroad track was added. And if you have a track, you need engines. That's Percy at the top right (note the face with stacked eyes) and Mavis at the left. Only in the last week or so has Dominick shown any real interest in representative drawing, so this (for me, at least) is huge. Words cannot describe how much I love it.

Oh, and yesterday, Dom wrote his full name for the first time. Here it is:

He cut another quarry he'd drawn for Noel out of the corner of the paper, in case you're wondering why a piece is missing. Incidentally, Dom's pronunciation of quarry is hilarious, and
he wouldn't stop saying it! He's made me laugh a lot today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I love it! You should frame these. I want to hear all the cool things the boys are saying. Thanks for sharing.