01 March 2010

Big boy, big news

It appears that my diaper-washing days are about over. Noel is on day three of wearing underwear. Something clicked for him about a week ago, a year after he unexpectedly produced solid (ahem) results on the toilet. Since then, he's been quite resistant to the idea, so I gave up on him graduating from diapers early. Last week, when things finally started happening, we went to Target to pick up underwear. Noel chose Toy Story. Granted, he had a couple of accidents yesterday and one today, but I can't see a return to diapers during the day, which is a little bittersweet. He's getting so big, and I've really enjoyed our four-plus years of cloth diapering. Anybody need some Fuzzi Bunz?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Noel! And Kelly, did you really *enjoy* 4 years of diapering? ;-)

Kelly said...

Okay, I'll clarify: I enjoyed using cloth diapers as opposed to disposable. Diapering in itself (for six years) I could do without, but I surprised myself in getting over the yuck factor. Before Dom was about four days old, I'd never changed a diaper in my life.

Gram said...

Awesome! He does look awfully grown up in his big boy pants. Give him a big hug from Gram and tell him how proud I am.

Gram said...

p.s. What a skinny little butt without the mammoth cloth diaper on it!

Kelly said...

He's gone down about two sizes in his waist without the diaper. I'll have to dig out some of his outgrown pants.

Unknown said...

WOW. Amazing header! :D

Have a great day! :D <3
Hugsss
Erica in Singapore!