10 June 2008

Summer school begins

Emmanuel started its summer program today, and after two weeks away, we made sure to take advantage of it! Dominick was very excited because he got to take his lunch. Instead of fussing that he wanted to stay home, he grabbed his lunch bag and put on his shoes several minutes early, saying he was ready to go. Once we arrived, he was a little apprehensive about going into the Blue Room, but with Mrs. Cassilly's encouragement, Dom did fine. He even made a new friend today, a boy named Colin. I hear they hit it off really well.

I have to say here that now I feel somewhat older, having made Dominick his first school lunch (peanut butter and jelly, a mix of leftover peas and cauliflower, and grapes). Working a booth at his school carnival last month did the same thing. I've been a mom for more than four years, but I still don't feel like a "mom," if you know what I mean. I'm still me. I remember when I was a senior in high school, not feeling as mature as I thought the seniors looked when I was a sophomore. It's that kind of thing.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I definatley know what you mean about not feeling like a "mom". Even at playgroup, I feel like everyone is older and more mature than me, even though we're all pretty much in the same stage in life. I still can't believe I have a kid in preschool...I feel like I was 16 yesterday!