11 September 2008

Welcome to the Yellow Room

Dom has just finished his first week of his second year of preschool. He's graduated from the Red Room to the Yellow Room. Because of the summer program, he was already acquainted with the room and his two teachers, so the transition was incredibly smooth. Everything is going really well so far.

In other news, I learned today that the insurance company upheld its original decision regarding coverage of laser treatment for Noel's birthmark. No dice, as Dom would say. (The things his daddy teaches him!) The next step would be to appeal to the state of Missouri. We may do that just to see what happens, but honestly, if that effort fails, I'll be okay with it. I don't love the idea of putting Noel under six to eight times for treatment. We can always do it later, too, although the benefit of doing it soon is that Noel won't remember anything. I spoke to his dermatologist this afternoon, and she told me, interestingly enough, that her teenage daughter has a birthmark on her cheek, and she (the daughter) has chosen not to have it treated. We'll see. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments: