12 February 2009

Looking forward

Tonight Mike and I attended a kindergarten orientation for our school district. I'm feeling a little sad right now. I mean, my first baby is about to start school--actual school! I hadn't thought much about how different kindergarten is going to be, and what a huge step it is for Dominick, until tonight. The building is a half-block away from our house, so he sees it all the time, but it's huge and bustling compared to his comfy little preschool. How will Dom handle the transition? Six months out and I'm already anxious for him! We register on March 2, by the way.

2 comments:

Heather said...

When I was going through all that last year... I was so excited for her (and excited for me). I am guessing my emotional stage will come when it's Eli's turn... my baby!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! Do I ever feel for you! I'll never forget the anguish I felt when you climbed the steps into that school bus on your way to your first day of kindergarten. I, like you, was excited but terrified about how you would handle being in such an alien environment.