12 March 2009

One-year anniversary

I posted this on Facebook as a status update but can't let the day go by without a mention here: today marks one year since Noel's fingertip was partially amputated by our front door. I still shudder thinking about the accident, but as far as Noel is concerned, it never happened. He's healed remarkably well. Scarring is minimal, and the only noticeable reminder is the little line across the nail. That he even has a nail there is amazing. Noel's young age was working for him. Dominick remembers and mentions it occasionally, but I still don't think he knows exactly how the accident occurred, and that's a good thing.

As far as Noel's toileting goes, there's not too much to say, except that he did pee in the toilet two days after first using it. What was interesting about that was that he woke up in the middle of the night to go. He may have done a little more tonight, but that's it. Still, I'm happy he's doing it at all. Dominick was nowhere near trying at this age.

Speaking of Dominick, he has his five-year checkup tomorrow morning. If I'm remembering correctly, there will be at least one shot. Woo hoo. I'm curious to find out Dom's stats. He seems so tall. How long before he catches up to me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still shiver to think of the accident. I had something like that happen to me on the playground at elementary school. I had my hand behind a wrought iron gate when someone closed it on a finger on my left hand, like in a vise. I can imagine how Noel felt, and that's why I empathize with him instead of just sympthize. Good luck on the doctor visit. No one likes shots. Yes, the boy seems tall, and he will be caught up with you by the time he's 10, I bet.