14 June 2010

Dominick on Mortality

A month ago, Dom made a bow and arrow out of sticks and string. Afterward, he told me, "I'm going to keep this until my life is over. Usually, when your life's over, you don't live anymore. When you're really old, that's what happens to ya. When you're ten years old, your life is half over."

Then last week, he said, "Robots don't have lives. We have lives that are going to be over."

Also last week, we were discussing the mosquito problem. Dom's idea? "What happens if we take the dead person and put him for the mosquitoes to bite on?" An interesting thought, I have to say. I'm not sure where all this dark subject matter is coming from. Maybe Dominick has inherited my morbid sensibilities.

More words from the mouths of babes to come. I have a stack of paper scraps where I've jotted down these little treasures. Sifting through them, I realize that Dominick no longer refers to the Golden Arches as "Old McDonald's." Sigh. At least he still says "hamburgerger." I'll be sad to see that one go.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, my! Probably brought on by all the obsession with zombies. I do miss your sayings postings--I miss those.

Mom said...

Oops. Should have proofread before posting!