12 December 2007

A babbling brook

We have a new water feature in our front yard. It's quite charming, like two little bubbling springs. The problem is we didn't put it there and can't seem to get rid of it. What does it take to get the water company to fix a severe leak? I hate to think of the amount of water being wasted. At least it's not on our side of the meter! The river originating from our yard has become embarrassing. The sign on our door now reads "Please knock/no solicitation/we have called the water company."

The river goes up our block, turns the corner, and continues on the next street.


A close-up of one of the little springs, if you can call them that.

Best wishes to those affected by the ice storm, especially family and friends in Joplin. I hope the power is back on soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so proud to have discovered the brook. If I had had a flag with me, I would have plunged one in the muck to claim it. I feel like Lewis & Clark. Do I have naming rights?

Kelly said...

Sure. I was thinking we should name this little waterway. Got any good ideas?

Anonymous said...

How about Bompart Bog, Atwood Rapids, Swamp Atwood, Bompart Brook, Atwood Springs, or something like that?