11 February 2008

No speech therapy needed this time!

How refreshing it is not to be worried about my child's speech development. Noel is showing great interest in repeating words and using them on his own. This weekend, he said Dominick, up, Jeep and diaper. That last one seems to be his favorite. He still calls me Daddy, so we'll have to work on that. Even when babbling, he's making a variety of sounds. Noel's receptive language is also quite impressive. When asked, he will search for and bring me a specific book or hand me utensils out of the dishwasher. He's actually a good helper. I just have to take out all the knives first.

Dom said something funny yesterday. He'd taken the pencil sharpener, which he's not supposed to do, and sharpened the flat end of a colored pencil so that it is now pointed at both ends. Dom looked at the pencil curiously and said, "Why did I do it that way?" Mike and I had to laugh. I love listening to my boys talk. They're each amusing in their own way.

We had a busy weekend. On Saturday, Dom and I went to a Valentine tea party at preschool while Mike and Noel went to a birthday party. I probably wiped out an entire week of workouts at the tea party. Dominick brought home a balloon and a doily heart decorated with his thumbprints. He slept Saturday night with the balloon tied to his snowman sock puppet, which he'd been dying to bring home from school and finally got on Friday. Last night he slept with the heart, which didn't fare well overnight.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to hear and see Noel. And celebrate Dom's 4th birthday. My, how time flies. Next thing you know, Dom will be asking for the car keys.