03 February 2008

Crazy Missouri weather

What a week of weather. First there was Tuesday's 50-degree temperature drop after a high of 73 degrees at noon. Then there was my least favorite of all weather conditions: high winds. You could hear it whistling through the trees (Wednesday?). It was a miracle that our power stayed on and our trees lost no major limbs. Thursday and Friday we had seven or eight inches of snow. Dominick had his first snow day when preschool was cancelled on Friday, so the boys and I stayed home all day. During Noel's very long afternoon nap, Dominick and I went outside to play in the snow. I was proud of myself for not being cold (I'm a wimp), but it was actually a really nice day. Mike came home while we were outside and made hot chocolate for us. I also shoveled the sidewalk, much to my lower back's dismay.


By Saturday, the snow was melting rapidly, and it was amusing to see all the Friday newspapers in their red sleeves emerging from the snow. Today was warmer again, and tomorrow's high is 65 degrees. That's just as well. Snow loses its picturesqueness when all that remains are gray mountains in parking lots. Tonight an eerie fog is blanketing the area. What next?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how y'all fared in the snowstorm. We were supposed to get 8 inches also, but somehow we lucked out and only got a couple. Dom looks cute in the snow. I wish the photo would enlarge so we could see it better. Did you take Noel out in it any? If so, what was his reaction?

Kelly said...

Did you notice Dom's name written in the snow? I wanted Noel to come out too, but by the time he woke up from his nap, it was starting to get dark. I'll hope for another good snowfall so we can get pictures of both of them playing in it.