26 May 2008

Anniversary weekend

Saturday was our 11th anniversary. Last year, on our big 10, we celebrated by eating out at Macaroni Grill and alternating who carried the screaming baby. It was not very special. This time around, we decided that Noel was big enough to go without me for a couple of days, so the boys spent the weekend with their grandma in southeast Missouri. It was great. We ate out (and ate too much), went to a movie, got up late (10:00 on Sunday!), went clothes shopping, I took a nap and did two crossword puzzles, we played Rock Band. So much for painting, fixing the chipper-shredder, and cleaning the house! The one thing I really wanted to do that we didn't was play tennis. The weather did not cooperate.

So after this relaxing weekend, we met Mike's mom to pick up the boys this afternoon, and wouldn't they immediately start crying and fussing? Noel made it very clear that he didn't want to go back in the carseat, and Dom insisted he hadn't just eaten the snack I'd given him. Having come off two days of peace, I was in a state of mind to find it all amusing. Still, it is good to have the boys back. I guess I've gotten used to having them around. The house was so strangely quiet without them.

By the way, I've finally gotten around to renaming my recent photo files, and I even managed to post them to Picasa. They're in folders by month from March through May, so I won't embed them here. April is pretty sparse. I don't know what we did all month.

No comments: