11 July 2008

A belated happy Fourth of July


I hope everyone had a happy holiday. My parents came to visit, arriving on Thursday, July 3, and staying through Sunday. A splendid time was had by all. We celebrated the 4th with a trip to the Missouri Botanical Garden (free!) and a cookout later. The most exciting part of the day was taking Dominick to see his first-ever fireworks. My parents stayed home with Noel while the three of us headed to the AT & T building downtown. We had a prime parking spot in the garage where Mike parks every day and a perfect view of the Arch and river from the thirtieth floor. (I wish I'd taken the camera, although who knows how the pictures would have turned out.) Dom thought the Old Courthouse was a castle. We could also see into the eastern part of Busch Stadium, where the Cardinals were playing that night. Dom wasn't as into the fireworks as we thought he might be. He wasn't not interested, but he wasn't jumping up and down, either. When the fireworks first started, he kept saying "They're going to get us!"

On Sunday, another photo op presented itself, this time when my neighbor, the Goat Lady (Merryl) told me she had two new baby goats. Mom and Dad and I took the boys up to our friendly neighborhood farm to see the goats and chickens. The babies were quite cute but stayed on the other side of the yard, so we didn't get to see them up close. The bigger goats were more than happy to venture over and even ate some greens from Dom's hand. I stumbled across this video yesterday featuring Merryl and her son. Check it out for more information on our unique local resource. As for our pictures, I've just posted them on Picasa. By the way, that picture above shows the blueberry-and-strawberry parfaits we had for a festive holiday dessert. They were soooo good!

3 comments:

moorethatgirl said...

I watched the whole video. That's really interesting! She sounds like a fun neighbor to have. We have to go all the way to Grant's Farm to see goats!

Anonymous said...

I watched the video, too. Loved it! I can't believe you have something like that just down the street. And how nice that she's so hospitable. All the photos you took that day turned out so well, too. We sure had a lovely & memorable 4th.

Kelly said...

Bring Teagan by sometime! If Merryl's around, she might take the goats to the tennis court to run around or let us feed them.