21 March 2007

Hooray for spring! I was unsure whether it was officially spring yet because the "Oh Yes It's Springtime" episode of Little Einsteins was not aired (or at least not TiVoed--how do you spell that in past tense?) as promised. Yes, I'm that out of touch. Don't ask me when Easter is.

Fortunately, it is spring, and you could tell today. We spent a decent portion of the day outside and made the season's first trip to a garden center. How heartening to know I can manage that with both boys! I love my Moby wrap. This weekend, interior work will be put on hold somewhat while we pay attention to the yard. We will attempt to get grass to grow in our front yard, which, aside from the planting beds, is nothing but a patch of dirt and weeds. I'm also looking for an ornamental tree to take up some additional space in the front yard, and I'm planning to replace some shrubs that have done absolutely nothing in the five years since I planted them. We have lots of raking to do, too. I can't wait until the boys are old enough to do that! Right now Dominick is more interested in spreading the leaves around, so he's not much help. Not only that, he's dangerous with garden tools. This afternoon, he whacked my thigh quite hard with the metal garden rake. He didn't mean to, but it was incredibly painful nonetheless.

No comments: