25 March 2007

Noel hit his first big milestone today. He finally rolled over! Of course, I was out of the room and didn't see it happen. Noel was on the couch with Mike and may have had a bit of help from the slope of the seat cushion, but we're counting it.

Dom's officially started working on a major milestone of his own: toilet training. Over the past three or four days, I've gotten him to sit on the toilet while we read stories, or sometimes even without. He is showing real interest in getting up there now. Yesterday, he even came to me and told me he'd peed in the toilet. Great!... except he has yet to sit on it with his diaper off. He's not loving that idea. All in time.

We got a lot done this weekend, and I am worn out. Yesterday, I bought two new shrubs and transplanted three, meaning that I had to dig five holes. Fortunately, the ground was very workable after the recent rain. I've got one more viburnum to plant but just couldn't muster the energy to do it today. The transplanted shrubs are going out by the playhouse, which has been crying out for landscaping. Cross your fingers that the shrubs survive the move. Mike cleaned the leaves out of the beds in the backyard. To my surprise, Dominick didn't mind the leaf blower. Here he is playing as the leaves blew around him:


Back inside the house, Mike installed the first batch of new shoe moulding in the entryway and living room after I painted the baseboards. It looks so nice! I shouldn't get so excited about base trim, but if you had noticed how shabby it was before--and I hope you didn't--you'd understand why. Only five rooms to go...

No comments: