16 March 2007

We are in southeast Missouri now, visiting Mike's mom for the second half of this week. Our floors should be finished now. I can't wait to see how they turned out. We did peek in the windows on Wednesday morning when we met at our house, and the floors looked really good, having just received the first coat of polyurethane. The difference compared to the old floors was amazing.

Since Wednesday, we've just been hanging out down here. Last night we went to my nephew's wrestling match. If we'd realized just how loud it would be, we probably wouldn't have. The crowd, the loudspeaker and the whistles were too much for Dominick, especially when the man sitting next to us started yelling. We took the boys back out of the stands and watched from above as Seth handily beat his opponent. Dom has had a great time playing with Seth, who is 11, during our stay. Seth is really giving him a workout. I wish I had that kind of energy.

We'll be heading home early Sunday morning to start putting our house back together. Once we're settled, it will be time to start Dominick on toilet training. I'm ready for him to graduate from diapers. I hope he is, too. Wish us luck!

Oh, I've just signed up for the new photo-hosting service offered through Blogger, so I'll work on uploading some pictures when I get home. At least I'll try to. We'll be pretty busy for the foreseeable future. The floor project won't truly be complete until baseboards are painted, kitchen cabinets touched up and shoe moulding stained, coated with polyurethane and installed.

No comments: