29 June 2007

One year ago



It was on this day last year that we found out we were having another boy. I have to admit I was hoping for a girl at the time because we knew this baby would be our last. So when the ultrasound technician showed us--there was no mistaking it--I felt a slight pang of disappointment, but it was gone as soon as it came. I think that almost more than anything, the idea of me having two boys was hard to fathom. I don't have a brother, so little boys were foreign to me, and now I was having two.

Now that Noel has been here for nearly eight months, I can't imagine having a girl, or that I might have ever been disappointed that we weren't. Yes, I won't get to buy the supercute girl clothes that our friends have, but that's hardly a major problem, is it? I mean, look at this sweet boy!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh my gosh! When I saw the ultrasound picture, I thought you were posting to say you were preggo! :) I'm kind of the opposite of you...for some reason, I pictured myself having all boys. Finding out we were having twin girls kind of caught me off guard, but of course noe I can't imagine anything else.

Kelly said...

That's funny. Believe me, I'm not! Dominick just said something at dinner about us having ten boys, and we had to laugh and tell him that it would be just him and Noel. Then again, he thinks we're already a family of four boys. No, Dom, there is a little estrogen here, thank you very much! I should rename our blog "I am outnumbered." :-)

ssouth said...

I know how you feel. But boys are fun; if only they could tone down the must-explore-all-attributes-of-every-item gene! Jenny

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing Brandi did when I saw the ultrasound!

Kelly said...

Okay, so maybe I should have put the ultrasound photo at the bottom with the other picture of Noel. Sorry if I gave anyone the wrong idea! That was certainly not the intention.