03 June 2007

Sunday at the Garden

Today we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go to the Missouri Botanical Garden. We'd been there fairly recently, but this time we visited areas that we didn't have time for in April, like the maze, Climatron, and the new Children's Garden. Dominick loved playing with the boats and running through the fountains (see photos and video below). I was really impressed that Dom went across the rope bridges without any fear or hesitation. I don't know if I could do that! He did fall into the little stream where the boats were and then got soaked in the fountains, so of course he had to ask Mike to carry him after that. Some smart people actually bring towels and extra clothes for their kids.


Dom at the Climatron

Going over the rope bridge. He must not have inherited my fear of heights.

Playing with the boats


Noel has started making some rudimentary vocalizations. I'm pretty sure he's said "ga," and today he said "da" quite clearly. It's very exciting. He's still eating well, so we'll find out on Wednesday whether his weight gain has picked up or not. Noel has liked everything I've given him so far, and he cries if I take a little too long getting his next bite ready or when the food is all gone. He's as impatient as his big brother, who, incidentally, is going to drive me crazy with his constant refrains of "Let's have a snack" (starting 20 minutes after a meal or snack) and "I want something else" (i.e. something additional) and "I need that!" Will we be able to afford to feed these two when they're teenagers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the new photos and the video. Love it!