10 September 2007

First day of (pre)school

Dom started preschool today. I can't believe my boy is so big! He was happy before we left, with his brand-new turtle backpack and shoes. When we got to the building, Dom immediately began looking for the sprinklers we saw on Friday's visit. All was merry until we got close to the door, and then Dom threw his arms around my legs and started screaming. So much for taking a picture at school! The teachers eventually had to carry Dom into the Red Room, and I waved goodbye through the window. But shortly after I left, Dom calmed down and was fine for the rest of the morning. When I picked him up, he resumed his search for the sprinklers. Mike and I pumped him for information about his first day, but he's not telling us too much about what he did. All we know is he slid down a pole and hurt his ear, and Aidan fell down.

Here's where the preschool is located. How appropriate that the son of someone with two degrees in historic preservation should attend school in such an environment. Gorgeous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks like a regular schoolboy in the picture!

Well, how did the first week go? I imagine that day 1 may have been traumatic. But I bet not all of it was. By the end of the week, did Dom tell you a lot about school? I hope it went well.