17 October 2007

Sick day

Dom stayed home from preschool today because of a nasty cough. I'm sure it sounds worse than it is. His voice has been adorably raspy for two days. Fortunately, he seems to feel fine. I'm letting him hang out in his pajamas on this perfectly dreary, rainy fall day. If I didn't have kids, I'd sink into the world's most comfortable couch, which happens to be in our study, read a book and then take a nap. Of course, if I didn't have kids, I probably wouldn't need the nap.

Would somebody please shoot me for buying a new hairdryer yesterday morning? Dom hasn't stopped asking for it since then, and he even had a fairly significant tantrum over the stupid thing. I'm going to scream if I hear about it one more time. Last night before bed, he said the new hairdryer would help him sleep. Uh, no. You never know what's going to obsess him on a given day. I guess that's life with small children.

It looks like we'll have another busy weekend coming up. The tile for the counters downstairs is in, so that gives us another big job to do, in addition to more caulking, filling and painting. Will it never end? Oh, and we still need to take our broken window for repair. I could do it myself (in my copious spare time), but I shouldn't have to.

No comments: