09 January 2007

Sorry about the photos link not taking you to any actual photos. I spent considerable time the other night uploading some, but Yahoo says I don't have any until I sign in. I'll keep working on it.

My mission this week has been to research preschools for Dominick. We're going to go look at one tomorrow morning. It sounds great, so if it looks as good as it sounds, we'll probably go ahead and register. I'm afraid if we wait we won't be able to find a spot for him. Because we'd hoped to get him started on something this winter, I'm also looking into parents day out programs. There's one just down the street from us which we may do. It would be just one day a week (Wednesday) unless a spot opens up on Mondays, but one day is better than none.

I read a blurb in a parenting magazine recently about a study that found parents are attracted to babies partly because of their large eyes and heads, and how that attraction helps ensure the species' survival because we want to protect them. (That's my attempt at remembering and summarizing the article, anyway. I found this much better discussion of the subject of cute babies online.) Look at this picture of Noel, then, and try not to be pulled in by those enormous eyes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a picture. It's now the wallpaper on my two computers. What big, big eyes. He looks almost other-worldly, in a good sense. Melts your heart.

Pop