05 May 2007

Noel's first meal

Thursday night Noel had his first taste of solid food. He was really tired and still feeling the effects of the immunizations, so it didn't go over very well. We gave him a very tiny amount of sweet potato, but most of it came back up, once during the feeding and later, just after his bath. We're going to try again tomorrow with something more bland. Mmmm, rice cereal!



Noel's less-than-successful first feeding foreshadowed my getting sick several hours later. Thank goodness Mike stayed home from work yesterday. He rescheduled a meeting after seeing me lying, quite miserably, on the bathroom floor, knowing that I was in no condition to take care of the boys. I slept most of the day and am feeling much better now. Yesterday, despite my sickness, I couldn't help noticing that Dominick went all day wearing his pajama shirt and no pants, and Noel's bodysuit stayed unsnapped. You can always tell when the daddy is in charge, can't you? Believe me, I am not complaining! I am so grateful Mike was here.


Mike has taken Dominick to the Science Center, and Noel is supposed to be napping, though I hear him kicking his crib, so I have a few more peaceful moments for recuperation and a shower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the devilish look in Dom's eyes as he's watching the proceedings. You KNOW that he's going to be feeding Noel first chance he gets. Fun times ahead!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Perhaps you should rename your blog "Life with Three Boys"!