23 May 2007

Ultrasound

Noel's second kidney scan was this morning. By some miracle, I managed to get all three of us out the door at 7:40 am. Though we were scheduled for 8:30, once we registered, we were taken in, so we finished early enough to take Dominick to PDO on time. Now Noel's upstairs crying in his crib. So much for everything going smoothly.

I don't have any information from the ultrasound, unfortunately. The technician told me to call the pediatrician in a day or two for the results. When I asked her whether she'd seen anything, she gave me a somewhat evasive answer, saying that she doesn't know because today's scan needs to be compared to the one taken in December. What that says to me is that the hydronephrosis must still be there. We'd really hoped that it would have resolved itself by now. I won't know for sure until I talk to the doctor's office, though. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try not to worry at this point. They legally can't tell you anything, even if they know it. It has to come from the doctor. I know it's hard to wait, though.

Kelly said...

True, but last time they told me something, at least. Oh well. We shouldn't have to wait too long to find out.