10 May 2007

Recent Dominisms

I haven't posted any of these lately, so here are some funny things Dominick has said and their translations, where necessary. I've got to start writing these down when he says them! It's so easy to forget. There was another good one at lunch today, but I can't remember it now for anything. If it comes to me, I'll add it. (Update: I remembered.)

Maybe okay

va (there)

lips (Blistex--I think he's confused because it goes on the lips.)

flashing shirt (the little graphic of a phone on our phone display. I guess it looks a little like a shirt.)

playgro (allegro)

waffle (falafel)

stuff in my mouth (vomit)

Let's spell "stuff in my mouth."

Let's spell "light coming down."

I'm going to turn into a girl. I might, in a minute.

I like cooking shows. (Nothing strange here, just something he says that I find amusing.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like "stuff in my mouth". Clara says that she "choked". Of course, my personal favorite is "wipe the runny" for when she has a runny nose. They do come up with some good ones! -Heather

Anonymous said...

I've heard "maybe okay" several times--in Mexico the first year we went on the work mission. I was laying unglazed clay tiles in a big pavilion. The supervisor, who spoke no English, would come by to inspect my work. He'd say, "Maybe okay" which meant, NOT really okay.