08 May 2007

Phone fun

Here's a milestone, if you can call it one, that I would rather do without: Dominick made his first 911 call today. He didn't just dial 911, but those happened to be the first three numbers he hit. He plays with the phone a lot but never actually calls anyone. He puts letters on the display, changes the ringtone, pages the handsets, changes the language to Spanish, that type of thing. Today, however, as I was making lunch, he came into the kitchen holding the phone and said, "I called someone." Sure enough, I could hear a female voice, and it wasn't the one that says "If you'd like to make a call..." I wrestled the phone away from Dom and apologized to the woman, explaining that my three-year-old had gotten the phone. She said, "Well, this is 911, so you need to watch him." Ouch! How embarrassing. Then she asked if everything was okay here. I assured her it was and apologized again. From now on, if Dominick wants to talk on the phone, he can talk to Elmo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least Dom can call 911 after he throws Noel out the window. What an exciting life you live! Stay-at-home moms should get combat pay.