22 August 2007

Back to the boys

As I write this, Dominick is at PDO wearing his underwear, not a diaper. Instead of sending him with extra diapers, I packed his bag with two pairs of underwear, a pair of shorts and some socks. With any luck, he won't need those things. My fingers are crossed!

I had intended to post that Dominick seemed to be over his nighttime issues, but they have returned. Last night, in particular, was very rough with both boys. I wish I liked coffee. Dom has dreamed about the fan having a face and some orange toy (or orange button, I'm not quite clear) in the living room bouncing. At 2 am, he repeatedly told me how he had fixed the button so it wouldn't bounce anymore.

So I've talked about Dominick being rough with Noel or just driving me crazy in general, but he really can be a sweet boy. Last night, I had just fed Noel and still had him on the Boppy when Dominick came over and said, "Noely is good. I like him." Then, he wrapped his arms around his baby brother and said, "I love you." He lightly ran his fingers along Noel, saying, "I like his little eyes and his head and his little feet." Then he hugged him again. Picture my heart melting and running all over the floor. Well, don't picture it literally because that's gross.

Speaking of pictures, here are some recent ones:

Could they look any more alike?

A moment's rest

My two boys

Dominick modeling his new car seat, with five-point harness for kids up to 65 lbs. He can't get out of this one. Safety first! Always buckle up your kids and yourself.

Just being cute (as if he could not)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omigosh! I can't stand it! We're retiring and moving to St. Louis immediately! Hurry and get the basement finished so we'll have a place to live.

Kelly said...

That sounds fabulous. Please come babysit my children for free all the time! Seriously, I envy those whose parents live close enough to see their grandkids often. That must be so nice.

Brandi said...

I am SO jealous of those blue eyes! They are 2 gorgeous boys!

ssouth said...

Those pictures are adorable! We did get the same carseat! Ours is blue and black though. Jenny

Sarah said...

Those pictures are great!

Sarah said...

One more thing. You will LOVE having your basement finished. It is the best thing we ever did.

Kelly said...

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! I thought those were some pretty good pictures, too.

Yeah, the basement will be nice. I can't wait to see it finished. Then we will move on to the next project. It never ends.