06 August 2007

Nine months

Here's our little guy at nine months. His checkup is Wednesday afternoon, so we'll find out how he's doing weightwise. Noel seems heavier to me, but he's still a skinny little thing.

I've been lazy about writing lately, not even finding the time when I took the boys to Joplin for a week. It was nice for us to get away and Mike to make some progress on the basement. He still thinks there's a possibility he'll finish by September 25, when Halo 3 comes out (you know I can't wait). Yeah, and Dom will be toilet-trained by September 10! But back to Joplin, or Doklin as Dom calls it. We had a lovely time, ate lots of good food, met some cousins who are very close in age to the boys, swam in a friend's pool (my mom's friend, actually), and I got some physical activity! I went to Pilates and rode a bike for the first time in about 100 years. My first ride was pretty ambitious at 7.5 miles, including some tough (for me) hills. The second ride was nostalgic. Dad and I rode to North Middle School, where I attended from 1985-87, and back to Columbia Elementary, 1980-85. Both have appeared in my ridiculously active dream life. The girls' locker room at North looked oddly familar!

We also spent large amounts of time with Dom sitting on the toilet. I'm sorry to say he's no closer to leaving diapers behind than he was the last time I posted. The good news is that he asks to go to the toilet now, and today he even got himself situated without any help. He just has his timing all wrong.

That's it for tonight. I'm feeling a little funky, so photos from our trip will have to wait. Oh yeah, it's World Breastfeeding Week, so celebrate and support nursing moms everywhere!

No comments: