27 August 2007

Big day for Dom

At the risk of seeming obsessed with toilet training, I have to share this news: Dominick had his very first accident-free day! Yesterday, he almost did but got off track one time when he was at the park up the street after dinner. We had just gone through three very difficult days, beginning last Thursday when Dom seemed to have no control over his bodily functions. I lost count of how many times he peed on the floor or chair or wherever he happened to be at the time. The two times he did it on the toilet, he sprayed the bathtub. Another time, he sat on the toilet without doing anything, then, while washing his hands, peed on the front of the pedestal sink. Then he rubbed soap in his eyes, and hit or kicked me (I don't remember which) as I was trying to help him, so he ended up with a time-out. The one bright spot that day was that Dom went off to the bathroom by himself and announced that he had pooped. Hooray! But now, for whatever reason, something must have clicked. The real test will be when we are anywhere but home.

A quick basement update: as of 6:00 tonight, the drywall work is now complete. Mike is downstairs cleaning up the dust, which I can't do because of my allergies. Instead, I get to start priming tomorrow night.

No comments: