19 November 2007

Working mom

Yes, I briefly reentered the work force this weekend. My former boss called me for help on a paint analysis project, so I spent four hours in the lab on Saturday and six on Sunday. Funny how everything looks nearly the same as it did when I quit four years ago. That man needs to hire a professional organizer! Still, it was nice to have some quiet time, just me and the microscope, and earn some extra money. The role reversal was interesting, too. I got to be the one coming home to two boys who were excited to see me. Noel in particular must have missed me because he crawled over to me, and when I picked him up, he immediately went horizontal. :)

I managed to squeeze in lunch with some friends on Saturday at a chicky tea room, i.e. the kind of place that serves quiche and has doilies on the tables. I believe the only male on the premises was my friend's five-month-old. And here's a shocker: I ordered a veggie BLT. On Sunday, I still went to Pilates. A month into my Y membership, and I haven't given up yet! In fact, I really enjoy it. The other day after Pilates, with the boys happily playing in the nursery, I thought I'd try an elliptical machine. I couldn't figure out how to turn the thing on! How pathetic is that?

Noel is feeling much better this week, so he should be in good shape for Thanksgiving. Now the rest of us need to stay healthy. That's probably too much to ask.

No comments: