31 October 2008

Noel's third visit to the ER (and first hospital stay)

Wow, I'm tired, but before I go to bed I wanted to post a quick update on Noel. I took him to the ER at 10:30 last night because of fever, labored breathing and retraction. Chest x-rays and lab work confirmed he has pneumonia, so we were admitted, but even before then, Noel was started on IV fluids, breathing treatments and oxygen, which helped immensely. We had a long, rough, mostly sleepless night, but by this afternoon, Noel was feeling better. He even got to come off the oxygen. Mike and Dominick came to the hospital for a few hours this morning, returned home to prepare for trick-or-treating, and came back so that Mike could stay over with Noel and I could come home and sleep. So that's what I'm going to do now. I'll keep everyone posted. We're hoping Noel can come home tomorrow, but that depends on test results and whether he's drinking enough to stay hydrated.

2 comments:

ssouth said...

So sorry you're going through all this. I'm glad to hear he's doing better. Poor kid. How is his mood? Please give me a call if I can help in any way.

Anonymous said...

I hope he feels better soon!