19 March 2008

Needing happy thoughts

Just a request for you to continue to keep Noel in your thoughts. He's been having more pain, which might be because without the splint, his finger is much more vulnerable. Tonight we tried to change his bandages, but the gauze was stuck again (new bleeding), and it was obvious Noel wasn't tolerating it well. Yesterday morning, I succeeded in removing the dressings, but only after letting Noel play with a bowl of water and some toys while I tried to keep his finger wet. Actually, Noel somehow knocked the last bit off as I was trying to wrap him up again. I won't get too graphic here, but I will say that the fingertip appeared pinkish. It wasn't black, anyway, so I'm cautiously hopeful.

We have another appointment tomorrow morning. Noel probably won't be very cooperative. Not that I blame him, of course. He's been through a lot, especially for a 16-month-old.

I'll post again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! There are lots of people praying for Noel and asking about him. I know it's tough waiting for the healing process. I hope you get some good news at the doc today.