08 March 2008

A promotion

Our little swimmer has been moved out of the Terrified of Water class because he did so well today. It started out a little rough, with Dom not wanting to put on floaties and get in the pool. Being hit in the head by the locker room door he was standing in front of didn't help much, either. Within a few minutes, though, Dom calmed down and went to the edge of the pool. Megan, the instructor, came right over and talked to him, and he got in the water with her fairly readily. After that, he was fine, so I slipped out and went to the cardio room. When I came back to get Dominick, he was crossing to the far side of the pool with a noodle and a board thing (what are those called?)--by himself! He was obviously having a great time. What a relief.

Here are some of Dom's latest humorous sayings:

Blincoln hat (Lincoln hat. Get it? Abe Lincoln...A blincoln. They made Lincoln hats in preschool. Dom's is pretty funny. I have to take a picture of him wearing it.)

Plumper (plunger, as in "The plumper! The plumper! Get the plumper!")

Inspired ("Are these coupons inspired, Mama?")

Tepescope (did I post this one before?)

A different kind of Isabelle (I wish I could remember the context. He must have been talking about some other girl.)

Dom: I don't have boo-boos 'cause I don't feed babies.
Me: Boys don't have milk like mommies.
Dom: I have milk, right here. (points to cup)

And my favorite, spoken while sitting on the toilet at 2:00 one rough night:

I just love that baby so much. I love all you guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new look of your blog. Also, good news about swimming class. I don't think I got over fear of the water till I took a swimming class at the local Y at the age of 12. In fact, I didn't mature in a lot of ways till I was 12. Dom has a head start on me!

Anonymous said...

I like the new look, too. And I just discovered that you'd posted some new photos. I forget to go to the sidebar photo listings. Fun stuff. I'm so happy about Dom's swimming. Maybe we could go to the open swim time at the Y and play with him in the water when you're in Joplin.