15 March 2008

Update

Fortunately, there's not much to say. Noel continues to act normally, showing no signs of pain. He's gotten used to the splint on his hand and doesn't mess with it anymore. Thursday, the day after the accident, Noel was so intent on playing that he barely let me hold him, which was all I wanted to do. Since then, he's been more content to snuggle. He hates taking his antibiotics, though I think he's starting to resign himself to having a syringe shoved into his mouth three times a day. We'll be finished with that on Monday, thank goodness. Yesterday morning was Noel's previously scheduled PAT screening, and because he'd been in such good spirits, I went ahead and took him. After warming up to the situation, he did fine.

Me, I still can't get the sight of him caught in the doorway and his damaged finger out of my mind (they will be there forever), but I am coping better now. We're just focused on taking care of Noel and getting to his appointment on Monday, where we'll see how well his finger has been healing. I will keep you posted on what the doctor says.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Hopefully those visions of Noel being hurt will come less and less often. I remember after Rebecca fell out of Mike's arms I would replay it in my mind, watching her fall, the look of terror on Mike's face, seeing her lay there not making a noise, over and over every day. Since time as passed I rarely think of it anymore. Every now and then something will spark it, and I will get a little choked up, but not near as often as it used to. It almost seems worse for the Mommy's because the little ones get over things so quickly and they won't even remember being hurt, but we can never forget. Sorry if this comment is a little bit of a bummer...I didn't mean it to be. It was supposed to be supportive. :) You guys are still in our prayers.

Kelly said...

I actually thought about that after Noel got hurt. Rebecca was so tiny then, it must have been terrifying. We were so relieved she was okay. It's so scary when such little kids are injured, but at least they do forget.

Thanks for thinking of us!