26 March 2008

Spring Break

Dominick was on spring break last week, so the boys and I went to my parents' house, which Dominick thinks is Joplin, the day before Easter and stayed until Friday. Before leaving St. Louis, we had an early Easter at our house so that the boys could celebrate it with Mike. The drive was uneventful, except for the 20-minute delay at Fenton, where we saw the flooding. When we arrived, eggs were awaiting Dom's artistry. He dyed them over and over again, so that they all ended up purple. Our visit was pretty low-key. We hung out, watched American Idol, went to the Y and the playground, and ate lots of good food. On Wednesday, I had new front tires put on the car and got to spend three whole hours (at the mall) by myself! Now that we're back home, I feel like such a grown-up for taking my first trip to Joplin with the boys. They did great, even during stops, so I didn't need to worry. Too bad Noel really didn't sleep in the car. I guess some people just aren't good car sleepers. I never was.

An update on Noel's finger: it's healing fabulously. The fingernail fell off last Wednesday morning. Who knows where it went. Surprisingly, the finger looks much better without the nail just sitting there. Everything is nice and pink, and the line where the tip was reattached is difficult to see. Noel has no pain and no need for the splint anymore. That's just as well, considering it kept coming off.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Good news on the finger tip! But does that mean a nail won't grow back, or a new one will? I'm confused!

Kelly said...

We don't know yet. The laceration happened right where the nail generates, so it's a wait-and-see kind of thing.