10 April 2008

When it rains...

It has rained a lot this week, but I'm not talking about the weather here. We were getting ready to go to the Y this afternoon when Dominick, who was playing in the laundry basket, flipped over and started crying. His mouth was bleeding, so I thought, "He's bitten his lip." Then I noticed the tooth in the basket. Surprisingly, the bleeding stopped quickly, and Dom calmed down. By that time, I was on the phone with the dentist's office. Because Dominick lost a baby tooth (they called it "deciduous"), it can't be put back in, but the dentist is going to take a look at him on Saturday morning. Dom hasn't been to a pediatric dentist yet, so he'll be seeing our regular dentist. Wish us luck.

After Dom fell, it took him several minutes to realize that a tooth was missing, but he wasn't upset about it. He commented, "One of my teeth is gone. It'll grow back soon," and later, "I don't have 20 teeth anymore." He looks like he's been in a fight, what with the missing tooth and the black eye he has sported since Saturday, when he ran, slipped and hit the front of the computer desk. Cross your fingers that Dom's preschool doesn't call child protective services when they see him tomorrow.

Ironically, I was just telling our PAT educator this morning that, since Noel's accident, people have been telling us that with boys, these things are going to happen. Life with two boys, indeed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You're making me feel so grateful that we had 2 girls. Not sure I would have survived 2 boys. I'm glad Dom's not upset about his tooth. Is it one of the upper front ones?

Kelly said...

Yes, the upper front right (proper) tooth. I guess the Tooth Fairy will probably be making an early visit to our house.

Kelly said...

Not proper right, his right. Sorry.

ssouth said...

Yeeouch! Shall we start an ER tally? We've soo got you beat;) I don't know how many times I say, "Stop it! Someone's going to get hurt!" followed immediately by shrieks of pain. I'm glad he's not upset about it though. At least when he goes to kindergarten he'll be the first to have lost a tooth!