17 April 2008

From the mouths of babes

I haven't posted any of Dom's recent funny sayings, so it's time to get caught up. A couple of these will embarrass him when he's older, but they're not too bad. I'm sparing my readers the more graphic examples.

"He thinks hands are for hitting."
"Our house is not where we live."
"I don't like fun."
"Daddy wrote 'The Nutcracker.'"
"Everything in this house is mine."
"My stomach's not full. All my food went down the toilet."
"You can wipe my behind if you want to."

Also, Dominick tells me that he has three hammers in his stomach for mashing food. They don't have handles because there's not room, and they work by themselves because he doesn't have a hole in him to reach them. You learn something new every day, don't you?

And now I get to brag on Noel, who has a nice little vocabulary of his own: up, down, ball, book, Mama, Daddy, diaper, bathroom (by which he means the toilet), truck (guck, just like Dominick used to say), door, cheese (dee), hi, bye-bye, no, wow. He's good at combining words with gestures, like when he needs my help and points under a table and says "ball," or when he waves "dye-dye." The funniest thing is when he plays phone. He'll pick up a toy phone (or any other remotely phone-shaped toy), put it to his ear, say "hi," wait a second, then set it down with a "dye-dye." He did this repeatedly while we were driving the other day.

No comments: