23 April 2007

...and many more rough nights

How sad is it that the baby is the easy one at night? This stuff with Dominick won't stop. I've started dreading nighttime because we never know exactly what it will bring. We know that Dom won't go to bed without major assistance from us, and that later our sleep will be interrupted by intense screams. For a few nights, Dom was acting very hyper at bedtime and refusing to stay in his room. One time, after he finally did fall asleep, he woke up around midnight and ended up with us the rest of the night. For some reason, he was sleeping with his feet at the top of the bed, so it was pretty much a given that he would kick me in the face. And then last night had a drama of its own. At 3:00, we heard the screaming, but it was slightly muted. Mike went down, then called for me. I went downstairs, thinking Dom must have gotten sick. Instead, I find his face and hands completely covered with blood. The floor by his door was also bloody. His nose was gushing. I guess he had something in there that just had to come out, and he had really gone at it. (He will hate me later for sharing this story!) On the plus side, Noel has become a champion napper.

This weekend, Mike bought Dominick a Slip and Slide. They set it up on Saturday and are out there again now. Dom likes it, but he prefers to crawl rather than slide. Here are some pictures:

Ah, a foreshadowing of Dom's teen years. Here he's playing with the phone, but his posture and glazed expression make me picture him playing video games (Halo 9, perhaps?). He was playing with the phone again today, which drives me crazy. He managed to change the display to Spanish. Fortunately, I was able to change it back. It wasn't easy, considering all the menus were in Spanish, but I guessed that I was looking for Idioma, then selected Ingles.

And finally, here's a sweet picture of Dominick holding Noel while sitting in his papasan chair.


2 comments:

Brandi said...

I hadn't thought of getting John a slip and slide until i saw your post. Thank Mike for the good idea!

Kelly said...

I will! Even if John just crawls on it like Dom does, he'll have a ball.