24 April 2007

Could things be getting better?

Dom slept through last night. Yay! Unfortunately, both he and Noel were up before six for some reason. That's just a little too early for me. We're hoping that Dom is starting to get over whatever it is that has been going on lately. Bedtime has been slightly easier the past two nights, perhaps because Dom was so tired, but we're still not back to normal there. Both boys need to be sleeping well at night if they're going to share a room eventually. Otherwise, I don't know how that will work.

Noel took two long naps again today, which gave Dom and me plenty of time to enjoy the weather. We even had lunch and a snack outside on the patio. Incidentally, I finally ordered some vines to grow on the pergola. We've always intended to plant vines, but I overthink things so much that it's taken me two years to make a decision. I went with crimson glory vine (vitis coignetiae), which is an ornamental grapevine. It has big leaves and spectacular fall color, so there's something to look forward to.

While we were outside, I moved some plants around, probably killing a hosta, or, as Dom says, "pasta," in the process. (Dom's favorite plants are the lambs' ears and carex, which he always points out by name.) When I was digging, Dom was happily looking for worms. He carried around three of them for some time, and as a result they have gone on to that great pile of dirt in the sky. Poor creatures.

No comments: