11 April 2007

Rainy-day Dominisms

We're boring this week. For lack of anything else to post, here are the latest Dominisms:

Threesday

markering

D starts with "down"

Well, I guess I could brag about something nice Dominick did yesterday at playgroup. A toy train went under a play yard and got stuck there, and Dom's little friend couldn't reach it. Dom got down, pulled out the train for his friend, then went back to playing with the bouncy seat or whatever was amusing him at the time. I was very proud.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To quote our Denton friend, Tom Irby, "Ain't no word can't be verbed."

Anonymous said...

Mom & I were discussing "threesday" earlier today. She thinks it means one thing and I think it means another. Would you tell us: does it mean "Thursday" or the day after "twos-day?"

Kelly said...

He said it a few times the other day when I mentioned that it was Tuesday, so my guess is he was thinking Twos-day, which of course leads to Threesday. Who had their money on Twos-day?

Anonymous said...

I did. It made sense to me, and I think it should be the new name for Wednesday, which is always hard to spell and doesn't make sense either. Then, of course, the day after Threesday would be Foursday, which is not a far cry from the original Norse Thorsday. And Fiveday isn't far from Friday.

Anonymous said...

Need I say that the boy is a linguistic genius?