19 April 2007

Sleep

Oh, my gosh. Dominick is asleep on the couch! He wanted to lie down with an afghan ("cape"), so I covered him and went to make some tea. When I came back, he was still there, which was surprising enough. Then just now, while checking some things on the computer, I realized I could hear him breathing, so I took a peek. He is really sleeping. What's even better is that Noel is, too, so I have a few minutes to myself.

Last night was a massive improvement over the previous one. Dom slept all night, though he didn't want to go to sleep initially. I had to lie down with him until he fell asleep. Noel woke up at about 10:15 and cried rather halfheartedly for about 30 minutes, then slept until 4:30 am. Dom has still been talking about the lights coming down today. In addition to all the ceiling lights, he seems to have dreamed about the desk lamp, too.

Sorry for all the posts about sleep lately. Anybody with little ones knows how big an issue sleep can become. The problem is that as soon as you get one thing sorted out, another emerges. That was always the case with Dominick, and now that we have two kids, it's even more true.

No comments: